Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Project 52 - Week 25 {Tiny Dancer}

My heart was racing, thinking about performing on that huge stage in front of all those people.  I held my breath as the lights came on, and the couple hundred people in the crowd gasped when they saw the sparkling costumes.

And then the music started, and my five year old daughter and the rest of her class began the dance they had been practicing for months.  I sat out in the audience, so proud of my tiny dancer.  I may have been nervous for her, but she pulled it off like it was nothing.

I caught this moment at home before we left, while she was waiting for the rest of us to get ready to go.


They danced to "Put a Little Love in Your Heart."   That's exactly what this little girl does for me, filling my heart with love.  She blew kisses out to the audience at the end of the song, and she told me later they were just for me and her dad.  I've never clapped harder for any performance.

8 lovely comments:

frecklesandfences said...

Congrats to you for making it through the night! I find myself more nervous when my kids perform than I ever get performing myself. Glad to hear she did so well. I'm sure her kisses made up for all the nerves.

Danelle said...

How sweet! Gorgeous photo!

Heidi said...

Such a sweet shot.

Cedar said...

A truly stunning photo! Lovely eyelashes!

Susan said...

Oh how touching! She is gorgoeous. I know she made you proud.

Hope your day is blessed!

Lisa said...

Beautiful photo and wonderful post. :-)

Life-n-Reflection said...

This is gorgeous!

Elena said...

What a beautiful shot, so sweet!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com