Sunday, September 4, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday {9.4.2011}

Since I first participated in Scavenger Hunt Sunday a couple weeks ago, I've been wanting to give it another go.  I start out the week with the best intentions, then Saturday rolls around and I realized I've not given it much thought.  This week, though, I finally had the opportunity to work through the prompts, which were: Stairs; Macro; Clouds; Abstract; and Smile.

1. Stairs

Or at least, stair RAILING.

2. Macro

I pushed myself to find something other than flowers or fruit to photograph with my extension tubes, since those two things account for all my macro shots thus far.  This was a screw I found laying around in the garage.

3. Clouds

A thunderstorm rolled in right as the sun was setting.  I love the way the orange light reflects off the bottom of that ominous looking dark cloud.  Side note: The lightning from these clouds made me nervous to be out.  Enough so, that I jumped when a cute little rabbit jumped out in front of me as I walked back into the building.  I felt a bit silly.

4. Abstract



5. Smile


Somtimes I think she does it on purpose, refusing to look at the camera when I push the shutter button.  Partiuclarly when she's got a such a sly little smile on her face.

Thanks for looking!

19 lovely comments:

Cedar said...

Very cute smile! Beautiful abstract! I love the composition on the screw and stairs~very lovely! Better round it out with beautiful clouds!

Desirae R said...

This are all great. I really like your stairs shot the best.

Nukke said...

Your macro and abstract are so beautiful and well dine !!!!!! Keep on good work !

Have a nice sunday !!!

Nukke said...

Well done !!!! sorry :)

Stasha said...

Love how you thought of taking a photo of the nail. She does have a beautiful smile. I went through so many photos of my son and barely found one smile directed to the camera. This week I only got a smirk...

Tamar SB said...

Love that abstract shot and your macro! Very cool!

Brooke said...

Great set of shots. I love your macro shot - I find myself doing the same things. Maybe I need to stretch and find other things to shoot other than flowers ;D

rebekah said...

There is so much detail in that macro shot. Great set!

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze - Goodies for a pleasant life said...

Beautiful pictures :)

Susan said...

Love the smile! Such pretty clouds too! Have a great week!

Ray said...

I love your stair and abstract shots!

Kathy said...

Love your macro shot...

And your clouds are just stunning! Good job!

Kathy

Ashley Sisk said...

What a great set - love the perspective on stairs and your macro shot is so interesting. Great job!

Valeria said...

Gorgeous set. Love your macro

Laurie E. said...

Awesome shots...love them all!

Robin said...

what awesome shots! the stairs are really creative and I love the shy smile. Well done!

Chris said...

Very cool pics - I love the macro shot!

Lish said...

I absolutley love your abstract one!

Sarah said...

Awesome shots. I love that cloud shot.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com